Position of Superintendent / CEO
The Board of Trustees invites application for the position of
SUPERINTENDENT / CEO
for the Kelsey School Division Duties will commence July 1, 2024 – or earlier
Kelsey School Division, located in The Pas, Manitoba, has an enrollment of 1450 students. The Division operates five schools: two early years, one middle years, one senior years, one alternate program school, and an Adult Learning Centre that is located on the University College of the North (UCN) The Pas campus.
The Division offers a variety of education programs, delivers French Immersion programming, maintains daycare partnership agreements in most schools, operates safe schools and transportation services, provides support for challenged students, collaborates with the local UCN campus for high school vocational options, encourages collaboration with Opaskwayak Education Services of the adjacent Opaskwayak Cree Nation, and supports state-of-the-art information and communication technologies.
The Board of Trustees seeks a knowledgeable educational leader with focus on vision and direction, a profound regard for students, a passion for education, and a respect for the shared role that all adults, particularly parents and communities, play in their education.
The Superintendent/CEO’s role is to provide direction, assistance, advice and support to the school community and to ensure advancement of the strategic plan. The Superintendent/CEO is responsible for all functions directly related to the education of students including staffing, curriculum, staff professional development, special education and evaluation. As such, the Superintendent/CEO will:
- Report and be accountable to the Board of Trustees for managing the schools in accordance with its policies and strategic plan;
- Provide leadership in developing and maintaining education programs and services;
- Bring a sense of pride to the system and the growth of students and staff, while ensuring a high quality of programs and services delivered in a cost-effective environment.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Holds or is eligible for certification as a teacher in Manitoba;
- Holds a Master’s degree in Educational Administration, or a combination of school or system level administrative experience, or be willing to pursue a Master’s degree program;
- A minimum of 10 (combined) years of teaching and administrative experience preferably at various grade levels/schools (including dual-track schools) – northern community experience an asset;
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively with staff (Kelsey Teachers Association, CUPE Local 1596, Division Office), parents, community and government agencies;
- Possess demonstrated administrative skills, including evaluation of professional staff members and programs;
- Demonstrated leadership success in a position of administrative responsibility such as a principalship or equivalent;
- Exhibit strong interpersonal, communication facilitation, problem-solving, and community relation skills;
- Displays expertise in effective and efficient planning for and implementation of, personnel, financial, and material resources;
- Is knowledgeable of research and good practice with respect to diverse student populations and program adaptations;
- Knowledge of Manitoba Department of Education and Early Childhood Learning mandates and programs – preferably with experience working with/on various provincial committees;
- Knowledge of current issues in education;
- Knowledge of current Manitoba curriculum and instructional methodology at all levels;
- Knowledge of technology and resource-based learning;
- Effective interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
Applications – accepted no later than 12:00pm on Friday, March 8, 2024
Please send a cover letter and resume via:
Email – email@example.com (.pdf preferred format)
Mail – Superintendent Search – Confidential, c/o Kelsey School Division,
PO Box 4700, The Pas, MB R9A 1R4